To be completed, in no particular order, are these 42 Things, broken down into categories of Life, the Universe, and Everything. I’ll add links to the corresponding tags as I work on each Thing so you can easily find posts about the progress.
- Pick a cookbook and make every single recipe in it. Tag: Cookbook
- Finish a 10k. Tag: 10k
- Make a literary sign post.
- Learn to crochet. Tag: Crochet
- Take a Zumba class (or some other dance aerobic class). Tag: Zumba
- Blog regularly (once a week or more) for at least 6 months. Tag: Blog regularly
- Spend 30 days doing morning pages. Tag: Morning Pages
Take a photography class.Tag: Photography
- Submit a poem or essay to publications until it’s accepted. Tag: Publication
- Paint pottery with my daughter.
- Take Fig to Galveston for a trip to the Train Museum and surrey rides on the Seawall.
Make a list of 42 things that I like about my body.Body Love
- Crochet one thing for myself and one thing for someone else. Tag: Crocheting things
- Take a bookmaking class.
- Send handwritten letters to 20 people. Tag: Letters
- Do a veggie co-op for a season.
- Send gifts for no reason to five people.
- Get passports for Adam, Fig, and me.
- Get a stamp in the passports.
- Go to the Grand Canyon.
Meatless Monday for three months.Tag: Meatless Monday
- Serve at church.
- Take Fig to a beautiful beach.
- Go back to Quartz Mountain Nature Park.
- Do a silent spiritual retreat.
- Pray in Color every day for a month. Tag: Pray in Color
- 30 days of a gratitude practice
- 30 days of mindfulness practice
Start the 42 Things blog.Tag: 42ThingsBlog Reread The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy series.Tag: Hitchhiker’s Guide
- Read the books I’ve had for years and never read — or get rid of them. Tag: Read or Rid
Update my Librarything list– and keep it maintained. Tag: Librarything
- Host a fancy dinner party. Tag: Dinner Party
Get rid of clothes that I haven’t worn in over a year, but allow myself 10 sentimental exceptions.Tag: Clothes
- Have a pixie haircut.
Dye at least some of my hair purple.Tag: Purple
- Paint a room in our house.
- Take a class or workshop at the Jung Center.
- Eat food that I grew in my own garden.
- Make the bed every morning for 30 days. Tag: Make the Bed
Join/start a book club.Tag: Book Club
- Finish NaNoWriMo, dammit.
One thought on “The 42 Things”
Pingback: February’s Family Fun | Forty-Two Things by 42